To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Shirley Ballas has revealed she went into surgery today to remove her breast implants, forcing her to make an early exit from Monday night’s Pride Of Britain Awards.

The Strictly Come Dancing head judge had previously revealed that she was considering taking her 17-year-old implants out after discovering that they can affect the effectiveness of mammogram screenings.

Now, after wowing in a fabulous purple gown on the red carpet at Grosvenor House in London this week, she revealed the time had come to rid herself of the implants.

After leaving early in order to get enough shut-eye for her 3am wake-up call, Shirley revealed she was going ahead with her surgery.

Speaking to fans on her Instagram, the 59-year-old dancer said: ‘It was a spectacular evening even though I had to leave early as tomorrow is my surgery so I shall be up at 3am. So I will keep you all posted.’

Shirley looked amazing at the Pride Of Britain awards (Picture: Rex Features)

‘I just really want to thank all the positive people that direct messaged me to wish me luck, such beautiful messages,’ she continued, as she walked around her hallway in a dressing gown.

‘I know in this world we live in people go off on one and don’t really think often before they speak. On Twitter, to do with this and that. But to receive so many beautiful messages that was really touching.

‘So thank you everybody, and I will be keeping you posted.’

When a fan asked what surgery she was going in for, Shirley responded: ‘Implant and capsule removal.’

Shirley went into surgery on Tuesday morning

Last month Shirley spoke about her decision to go under the knife, as she told The Sun that it was a nurse’s warning that there was ‘no guarantee that we can ever really see behind the back of the implants’ that left her fearing for her safety.

Choosing to get the implants out as soon as possible rather than wait until Strictly wraps at Christmas, Shirley, whose mum and auntie both have had cancer, revealed that she intends to be up and dancing almost immediately.

‘I’ve been to a new ­doctor and I’m scheduled for the operation on Tuesday, October 29,’ she said.

‘My doctor says I have recuperation of a week, but I want to do Strictly on the Saturday night.’

Seems she’s adamant she’ll be back on the judging panel in no time, as she said she’d be keeping everyone posted over the next four days.

Shirley revealed that she had the support of TV bosses in her decision to undergo surgery mid-Strictly series, saying: ‘I spoke to the BBC and they have been very, very supportive.

‘They said you have to do what you feel most comfortable for your health.’



Got a showbiz story?

If you’ve got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE: Strictly’s Shirley Ballas stands by controversial Catherine Tyldesley and Johannes Radebe elimination

MORE: Strictly Come Dancing’s Shirley Ballas ‘stopped eating’ after becoming so insecure beside Darcey Bussell





READ SOURCE

READ  Gay performers shine with several wins at the Emmy Awards

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here