I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! will not be airing live tonight due to Storm Arwen.
The contestants will remain inside Gwrych Castle and hosts Ant and Dec will pre-record their links earlier in the evening.
A statement from I’m A Celebrity reads: “Tonight’s I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will be broadcast as a pre-recorded show rather than live due to the developing Storm Arwen and precautionary measures we’re putting into place on production.
“Ant & Dec will record their links early evening and these will be played out during tonight’s show.
“Our celebrities will remain inside the castle which is secure and we have contingencies in place to cover all weather scenarios to ensure the safety of our cast and crew.”
ITV said that the developing storm is set to hit the local area at around 9pm, just when the show is scheduled to be aired.
The broadcaster added that the programme has been pre-recorded due to concerns the satellite link could be impacted.
According to The Mirror, it is the first time in 19 years I’m A Celebrity has axed a live show.
It comes a day after Richard Madeley was forced to exit the competition.
The Good Morning Britain presenter announced he would have to quit the show after being rushed to hospital in the early hours of Thursday morning.
In a statement Richard said he was “absolutely fine” but the trip to A&E meant he “had consequently broken the Covid bubble” and would be unable to return to the competition.
Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond – Sign up to our daily newsletter here .