BUTLIN’S is remaining closed until May 14, after all three of the holiday parks shut last month due to coronavirus.
The closure follows the latest government advice against all but essential travel.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
Butlin’s originally closed their three parks – Minehead, Bognor Regis and Skegness – from March 20 until April 16.
The latest news will be another blow to holidaymakers, with the sites usually full during Spring.
Their current statement to customers said: “It is with a heavy heart that we are announcing the closure of Butlin’s until May 14.
“Our focus has always been to give our guests a fun and entertaining holiday, so it is with much sadness that we’ve had to make this decision. message to customers said:
“Our amazing contact centre team are ready to help you re-plan your holiday. We have given them the equipment and support to be able to work safely from home and have brought in more people to help us get to your request as quickly as possible.”
They explained that those with holidays affected will be contacted through an email, text message or letter.
They previously added: “The situation is being closely monitored and we ask guests to keep an eye on our website and social media feeds for updates.
“We would like to apologise to everyone for this disruption and thank our teams for their support. We look forward to welcoming our guests back to enjoy our renowned Butlin’s hospitality when we reopen.”
Other UK attractions have also been forced to close, including Center Parcs and Haven.
Theme parks such as Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and Legoland have all shut their doors.
TUI has also suspended hotel stays and cruises until next month.
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – BE IN THE KNOW
The German-based tour company said it was suspending most of its operations and applying for government help in light of the deepening coronavirus crisis.
Travel has decreased sharply as more and more countrixes apply tough new restrictions to limit the spread of COVID-19.