A biopic about Will Smith’s life looks to be over as Netflix and Apple+ have reportedly pulled out of the plans amid the recent Oscars scandal.
The movie is based on his bestselling autobiography which was released last year.
However, after Will hit Chris Rock at the Oscars, Netflix and Apple+ appear to have reprioritised.
According to The Sun, a source revealed: “Netflix and Apple+ have quietly removed their bids for a Will Smith biopic and will instead relocate the funds and develop original ideas from new black actors.
“Working with Will has become a risky business.
“They now plan on developing ideas with more family friendly stars like Mike Epps and Michael B. Jordan.”
The 53-year-old, who resigned from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, is said to be staying at a high-end US sanctuary.
Will has now said his actions are “inexcusable” and the Academy, who accepted his resignation, will now decide whether or not to strip him of his Best Actor Oscar for his role in King Richard on April 18.
As the streaming giants look elsewhere, plans for a fourth Bad Boys film also appears to be on ice as well as Netflix’s Fast And Loose.
Get the latest celebrity gossip and telly news sent straight to your inbox. Sign up to our weekly Showbiz newsletter here .