Entertainment

Take That reunion confirmed – and Robbie Williams will be singing with the band


Take That fans are in for a treat as the band are reuniting.

The Never Forger hitmakers – originally made up of Robbie Williams, 46, Gary Barlow, 49, Mark Owen, 48, Howard Donald, 52, and 49-year-old Jason Orange – formed 30-years-ago and in 1996 Robbie famously quit the band and then the rest of the band split for good in 1997.

In 2005 Gary, Howard, Mark and Jason reformed without Robbie but now the Angels solo star is joining in and Jason – who left in 2014 – is not taking part .

The foursome are going to sing live over webcam for supporters and are doing the concert from their homes in a bid to raise money for front line workers amid the coronavirus pandemic on Friday night.

Take That fans are in for a treat as the band are reuniting

A source told The Sun that discussions about the reunion had been taking place for weeks, and said: “The amount of money involved to make this happen is hundreds of thousands of pounds.

“The gig will go out into people’s homes over the internet and each band member will be performing from their own homes so they won’t actually be together.

Robbie, Gary, Howard and Mark are performing a live concert online on Friday

“They can’t be physically reunited because of travel restrictions and corona rules but it is still them all coming together to perform their hits, something no one has seen in a long time.”

READ  TOWIE's Lydia Bright carries two-week-old daughter Loretta Rose

The concert is thought to be a one-off performance and the singers are supporting Nordoff Robbins and Crew Nation charities.

It is not the first time Robbie has sung with the men since ditching the group as he took part in their 2010 album Progress and appeared on The X Factor with them in 2018.

Only last month Robbie said he was too busy to do a Take That reunion but admitted that he did want to do a reunion.

Only last month Robbie said he was too busy for a reunion but added that he wanted to do one

Read More

Showbiz editor’s picks

Speaking on talkSPORT, Robbie explained: “I’ve just figured out that, and here’s a sombre thought for you all, I’m 46; if I have 30 more good years in the business, I’ve got 12 or 13 projects left.

“Will one of those be Take That? I don’t know… but I will hazard a guess and say ‘yes’.

“But I’ve got so many ideas I want to do and so many things I want to fulfil that I know what I am doing for the next five years, and it doesn’t involve Take That.

“[But] yes, I do want to do another gig with Take That.”

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at webcelebs@trinitymirror.com or call us direct 0207 29 33033





READ SOURCE

Leave a Reply