ALDI has become the latest supermarket to recall packs of popcorn over fears that they could trigger allergic reactions.
The treats contain milk yet this isn’t mentioned on the label, meaning they’re a health risk to anyone who’s allergic to it.
People who are allergic to milk can experience problems with their digestive system if they consume it, such as diarrhoea, a bloated stomach, feeling sick and stomach cramps.
The product recall applies to 200g packs of Sweet popcorn as well as Sweet & Salted popcorn from Snackrite with a best before end date up to 18/12/19.
The budget supermarket warned its customers on Twitter this week and added that it is recalling the products as a precaution.
It follows similar actions from major supermarkets including Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s as well as venues including Alton Towers, Chessington, Greggs and Odeon
The recall affects some 57 different popcorn products manufactured by Thomas Tucker, according to a statement by the Food Standards Agency (FSA).
It also applies to popcorn themed around Toy Story 4 and Lol Surprise toys. You can find the full list in the box below.
If you’ve bought the products and you’re allergic to milk or milk constituents, you should avoid eating it.
Instead return it to where you purchased it where you’ll be given a full refund.
The popcorn packs being recalled
HERE’S the full list of popcorn products being recalled.
All affected products below have best before dates between August 23, 2019 and February 23, 2020, unless said otherwise.
- Alton Towers Sweet Popcorn 50g
- Big Night In Cinema Sweet Popcorn 250g
- Big Night In Simply Sweet Popcorn 200g
- Big Night In Simply Sweet Popcorn 250g
- Big Night In Simply Sweet ‘n’ Salted Popcorn 200g
- Big Night In Sweet ‘N’ Salted Popcorn 250g
- Chessington Sweet Popcorn 50g
- Darlings Salt Popcorn 100g
- Darlings Sweet Popcorn 100g
- Greggs Sweet & Salty Popcorn 25g
- Heritage Salted Popcorn 120g
- Heritage Sweet & Salted Popcorn 100g
- Heritage Sweet Popcorn 100g
- Jane Plan Lightly Salted Popcorn 11g
- LOL Surprise Sweet & Salted Popcorn 25g
- LOL Surprise Sweet Popcorn, multipack 15g (90g)
- Mackie’s Lightly Sea Salted Popcorn 20g – best before date between end August 2019 and end March 2020
- Mackie’s Lightly Sea Salted Popcorn 70g – best before date between end August 2019 and end March 2020
- Mackie’s Sweet & Salted Popcorn 100g – best before date between end August 2019 and end March 2020
- Mackie’s Sweet & Salted Popcorn 30g – best before date between end August 2019 and end March 2020
- Mackie’s Sweet Popcorn 100g – best before date between end August 2019 and end March 2020
- Morrisons Market Street Salted Popcorn 120g
- Morrisons Market Street Sweet & Salty Popcorn 200g
- Morrisons Market Street Sweet Popcorn 200g
- Morrisons Market Street Sweet Popcorn 300g
- Morrisons Salted Popcorn 100g
- Morrisons Sweet & Salty Popcorn 100g
- Morrisons Sweet Popcorn 110g
- Odeon Sweet Popcorn 50g
- Regal Lightly Salted Popcorn 180g
- Regal Sweet & Salted Popcorn 200g
- Regal Sweet Popcorn 200g
- Sephra Sweet Popcorn 165g
- Sephra Sweet & Salty Popcorn 170g
- Snackrite Sweet Popcorn 200g
- Snackrite Sweet & Salted Popcorn 200g
- Some Body Sea Salt Popcorn 25g
- Some Body Sweet & Salty Popcorn 25g
- Thomas Tucker Classic Cinema Sweet Popcorn 70g
- Thomas Tucker Classic Lightly Sea Salted Popcorn 20g
- Thomas Tucker Classic Lightly Sea Salted Popcorn 70g
- Thomas Tucker Classic Sweet & Salty Popcorn 80g
- Thomas Tucker Classic Sweet & Salty Popcorn 25g
- Thurstons Salted Popcorn 140g
- Thurstons Sweet Popcorn 180g
- Tommy Tucker Sweet Popcorn 100g
- Tommy Tucker Sweet Popcorn 50g
- Tommy’s Salted Popcorn 120g
- Tommy’s Sweet & Salt Popcorn 125g
- Tommy’s Sweet Popcorn 150g
- Toy Story 4 Sweet & Salt Popcorn 25g
- Uncle Sams Cinema Sweet Popcorn, multipack 17g (102g)
- Uncle Sams Sea Salt Popcorn, multipack 11g (66g)
- Uncle Sams Sweet ‘n’ Salt Popcorn, multipack 17g (102g)
- Whisper Salt Popcorn 15g
- Whisper Sweet Popcorn 15g
You don’t need to have the receipt or proof of purchase to get the money back.
Thomas Tucker said it will also put up notices in all retailers where the affected products may have been bought to warn customers.
You can keep up to date with all the latest product recalls at the Sun Online by visiting our regularly updated recalls page.
Other product recalls to watch out for include hot cross buns on sale at Sainsbury’s which could trigger allergic reactions.
Lidl has also recalled microwavable burgers because they contain ingredients not declared on the packaging that could make you ill.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org