Sometimes cooking a chunk of beef could be time-consuming and also take lots of energy.
That is why using a slow cooker is the perfect way to cook beef. This will cut down the preparation time of the dish and also you can be ready for slow cooking the night before.
A slow cooker, also popularly called a crock-pot is an electrical kitchen appliance that is utilised for simmering at a lower temperature than the boiling point, and that is how it’s a different cooking method from baking, boiling, and frying.
Slow cooker experts from Swan have shared an “amazing” recipe to cook a “perfect melt-in-the-mouth piece of beef” that will “blow your mind” with nice seasoning using “a minimal amount of ingredients”.
This roast beef recipe takes around 30 minutes to prepare and about seven hours to cook.
1 kg rolled beef brisket
Two tablespoons olive oil
Two tablespoons cornflour
Some carrots were roughly chopped
Two sticks of chopped celery
One medium-sized onion, sliced
Two garlic cloves, minced
Two tablespoons of mustard
400ml red wine
350ml beef stock
Two tablespoons of tomato sauce
1. Firstly, season the beef brisket with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Dust pieces of beef with one to two tablespoons of cornflour.
2.Then in a large frying pan, take two tablespoons of olive oil and put it on medium heat. When the oil is heated enough, put the beef into the oil and stir fry it well.
3. Now, add the chopped carrot, sliced onion, chopped celery, and the mushroom to the bottom of the slow-cooked. Let it cook on a low flame.
4. Next, add the beef brisket on the top of the vegetables. Also, add the garlic, tomato sauce, pinch of sugar, mustard, beef stock, and wine into the slow cooker. After that put the lid on and let it cook in the cooker for at least seven hours.
5. After seven hours of slow cooking of the beef, put it on a baking tray for a little cool down. Now roast the beef for a minimum of 20 minutes in the oven at 200°C temperature.
6. While roasting the beef, spoon the liquid mixture out of the cooker and take it into a shallow pan. Now, reduce the liquid into a “flavour-rich thick” gravy.
7. When the beef brisket is roasted enough, slice it and pair it with the gravy, roasted potatoes, and some vegetables.