JADON SANCHO was subbed off just 36 minutes into Der Klassiker against Bayern Munich – but he was NOT injured.
It was thought that a lingering thigh problem from the Champions League was the reason for his substitution, but Borussia Dortmund boss Lucien Favre confirmed it was a tactical move.
Favre said after a horror 4-0 defeat to their biggest rivals: “Sancho was not hurt.”
Sancho, 19, picked up a thigh strain in the Champions League win over Inter Milan in midweek.
The teenage star had been a doubt to play in this one, but was rushed back to face Bayern.
Although it seemed as if that problem was still lingering, Favre said it was nothing to do with his decision to haul him off so early.
Sancho continues to be linked with a return to the Premier League after his stunning form in Germany.
Manchester City and Liverpool are both heavily linked with the winger.
Speaking ahead of the game, Sancho revealed he wanted revenge on Bayern – and added that he DID pick up a knock against Antonio Conte’s Inter.
He said: “I think when we go to Munich we want revenge.
“There’s pressure on both teams. Bayern have some crucial injuries and changed their manager.
“I picked up a knock against Inter, Marco [Reus] might be out and Paco [Alcacer] is only coming back.
“Whoever has the most desire will come out on top.
“These are the games I love to play in, the big games. It’s going to be a good game. I’m very excited.
“Hopefully I should be there on Saturday. I’d like to be there.”