With the first three episodes of Amazon’s The Boys Season 2 arriving this Friday, before going weekly for the rest of the season, I recently spoke to Jack Quaid (Hughie) and Erin Moriarty (Starlight) about making the highly anticipated second season. Before doing the interview, I’d watched the first three episodes of Season 2, but since then I’ve seen the entire second season and can assure you it’s fantastic and loaded with crazy WTF moments and plenty of twists and turns you won’t see coming. I loved Season 2 and cannot wait to be able to talk about it.
During the spoiler free interview with Quaid and Moriarty, they talked about how Billy Joel ended up becoming such a large part of the series, how each episode has a WTF moment, what it’s really like filming some of the crazy sequences where they are covered in blood, when they find out about the crazy stuff that will be happening in each episode, how they had extra time to film season two and what that added to the series, when they heard they’d be picked up for a third Season, and a lot more.
Check out what they had to say in the player below and further down the page is exactly what we talked about.
Finally, while there are plenty of incredible series airing across the numerous streaming channels, The Boys is near the top of my list of things you need to be watching. Each episode has at least one sequence where you’ll be picking your jaw off the floor and you’ll be consistently impressed with what showrunner Eric Kripke has managed to bring to the screen. If you’ve never seen an episode, give it a try.
The series is based on the comic book series by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson and takes place in a world just like ours, except superheroes are real. The Boys also stars Karl Urban, Karen Fukuhara, Laz Alonso, Tomer Capon, Anthony Starr, Dominique McElligott, Jesse T. Usher, and Chance Crawford. For more on The Boys Season 2, you can read Liz’s glowing review and here’s what Eric Kripke told me about Season 3.
Jack Quaid and Erin Moriarty:
- When did they know Billy Joel was joining the cast for Season 2 (he isn’t but his music plays a big part)?
- How Bill Joel was part of Quaid’s first day of filming due to some improvising and the way Eric Kripke has incorporated him into the series.
- How they had extra time to film season two and what that added to the series.
- How each episode has a WTF moment.
- When do they get told about the crazy stuff in the series?
- What is it really like to film some of the crazy sequences where they are covered in blood?
- When did they find out they were picked up for a third Season and have they heard anything about the storyline?