Entertainment

Armie Hammer denies ‘outrageous’ allegation he ‘violently’ raped woman in 2017


Armie Hammer has called the allegation of rape ‘outrageous’ (Picture: Getty)

Armie Hammer has denied the accusation that he raped a woman in Los Angeles in 2017.

The actor’s lawyer issued a strongly worded statement to Metro.co.uk calling the allegation ‘outrageous’.

The 24-year-old woman, named only as Effie, said she first met the actor on Facebook in 2016 and they had an on-off relationship between 2016 and 2020.

In a press conference alongside high-profile US lawyer Gloria Allred, she alleged she was ‘violently’ assaulted for four hours, with the Call Me By Your Name star repeatedly hitting her head against a wall.

Hammer’s legal team said in response: ‘Effie’s own correspondence with Mr. Hammer undermines and refutes her outrageous allegations. As recently as July 18, 2020, [she] sent graphic texts to Mr. Hammer telling him what she wanted him to do to her. Mr. Hammer responded making it clear that he did not want to maintain that type of relationship with her. The screenshot below is just one of hundreds [she] sent to Mr. Hammer.

‘It was never Mr. Hammer’s intention to embarrass or expose her fetishes or kinky sexual desires, but she has now escalated this matter to another level by hiring a civil lawyer to host a public press conference. With the truth on his side, Mr. Hammer welcomes the opportunity to set the record straight.

The actor has insisted that all his sexual encounters have been ‘completely consensual’ (Picture: Getty)

‘From day one, Mr. Hammer has maintained that all of his interactions with her — and every other sexual partner of his for that matter — have been completely consensual, discussed and agreed upon in advance, and mutually participatory. [Her] attention seeking and ill-advised legal bid will only make it more difficult for real victims of sexual violence to get the justice they deserve.’

Reading from a prepared statement at the press conference, Effie said: ‘I thought he was going to kill me’, adding that Hammer then ‘left with no concern for my well being.’

When asked if Effie would be pressing charges, Allred replied: ‘Effie is providing what she thinks might be relevant to law enforcement and then it is for law enforcement and the prosecutor to decide if there is sufficient evidence to pursue it.

‘But I will only say that Effie has the courage to cooperate in any investigation that may be taking place.’

The actor, 34, has previously denied allegations made against him on social media as ‘vicious and spurious’.

He has since quit Jennifer Lopez movie Shotgun Wedding and reportedly walked away from his role in Gaslit.

This news comes amid controversy over DMs leaked on social media which have been attributed to Hammer, which described disturbing sexual fantasies.

The Social Network star addressed the allegations after dropping out of Shotgun Wedding, saying: ‘I’m not responding to these bulls*** claims, but in light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me, I cannot in good conscience now leave my children for four months to shoot a film in the Dominican Republic.’

Hammer has also been reportedly dropped by his agency WME.

Metro.co.uk has contacted Hammer’s lawyer for comment.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : RuPaul’s Drag Race UK’s Tayce reveals dad was in Wham! with George Michael and we are stunned


MORE : Gordon Ramsay left feeling like an idiot sandwich as he’s soaked and covered in raw egg in brutal prank by daughter Tilly





READ SOURCE

READ  Yesterday stars Lily James and Himesh Patel FAKED chemistry

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.