The video games market will more than double to become a $300bn-plus industry by 2025. The market will grow from $131bn in 2018 to $305bn in 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13%.
Today’s video games industry is in the throes of a huge transformation from a product-oriented business to an as-a-service model. At the same time, new technologies like 5G, cloud, and virtual reality will usher in a new phase of innovation, while new business models like support for in-game micropayments are already changing the economics of gaming.
Mobile gaming has already outstripped the console games and personal computer (PC) games markets. Over the coming years, with the increased maturity of cloud gaming technology (supported by 5G), more gamers will shift towards mobile gaming platforms, driving the expansion of this market to over $100bn by 2022, up from $55bn in 2018.
Cloud gaming is evolving into a global phenomenon. Major games companies are racing to become the Netflix of games, driven by rapidly increasing viewership on existing streaming channels. However, latency and bandwidth limitations will serve as a brake on the development of mobile gaming services. The maturing of cloud technologies and development of 5G will reduce these network issues, creating an increasingly competitive market in which several leaders have already emerged.
- The report provides an overview of the global video games market.
- It identifies the key trends impacting growth of the sector.
- The report provides market size and growth forecasts for the video games industry, split by game type and geography.
- It identifies the frontrunners in the gaming industry, across all segments of the value chain.
- The report also includes a timeline charting the development of the video games theme.
Reasons to Buy
- The report highlights the key trends driving growth in the video games market, including the emergence of cloud gaming and esports. It identifies those companies which are best positioned to succeed in a future filled with disruptive threats.
Key Topics Covered
- Industry Analysis
- Value Chain
- Technology Briefing
- Companies Section
- Video Games Sector Scorecard
- Activision Blizzard
- Bandai Namco
- Bethesda Softworks
- Electronic Arts
- Epic Games
- Glu Mobile
- GungHo Online
- Sega Sammy
- Square Enix
- Take-Two Interactive
- Turtle Beach
- Valve Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/seqfoh