Latest updates: No 10 says holiday at luxury villa owned by Zac Goldsmith was declared properly
- Johnson will not declare Spanish holiday in MPs’ register, says No10
- No 10 refuses to rule out peerage for Owen Paterson
- Newer Tory MPs furious at No 10 order to back Owen Paterson
- Nadhim Zahawi admits errors made over Owen Paterson affair
- Labour to stand in Shropshire byelection sparked by resignation
Greg Clark, MP for Tunbridge Wells, said he had attended the trial of hospital electrician David Fuller at Maidstone Crown Court on Monday.
He described the murders of Wendy Knell, 25, and Caroline Pierce, 20, in his constituency as “profoundly shocking even decades on” and something which people in the area are still grieving.
Clark told the PA news agency: “This week has been a huge shock because it was only on Monday that these offences, the abuse of bodies in the mortuaries, came to light, so it is only four days since this was made known.