- Not enough evidence to back Covid jabs for children, says UK expert
- Angela Rayner forced to deny plans for Labour leadership bid
- Galloway bid for Batley and Spen seat mired in intimidation claims
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Voters have been casting their ballots in the Batley and Spen byelection today. Here are some pictures from polling stations in the constituency.
According to the Covid-19 Actuaries Response Group, hospital admissions in England are starting to rise quite sharply.
Update on COVID hospital admissions and deaths in England.
Admissions are rising sharply again with a big jump today to 283. This takes the daily average to 227 – that’s three time as many as in mid May and currently accelerating. 1/2 pic.twitter.com/h5mITat7SI
Almost all regions are now showing strong increases over the past week, only the East of England was flat. 2/2 pic.twitter.com/xFbpuA2pJq