TURN lockdown into choc-down this Easter with plenty of goodies to pick up the mood.
Supermarkets certainly don’t seem to be short of Easter eggs with a vast array on offer.
But it’s hard to know whether you’re quids in or not. So we’ve scoured the shelves for the biggest and best eggs you can buy when out doing your essential shop — and how you can get them for less.
- Hop to it: A Lindt Lindor bunny is a lovely gift, but a medium-sized 100g one will set you back £2.50.
Instead pick up Tesco’s own version, where 100g of bunny is down from 89p to 50p.
- Eggs-traordinary: Each year the eggs get bigger and better, but nothing compares to these showstoppers at Aldi. The Moser Roth Giant Ostrich egg is a massive white chocolate egg with caramel flavouring – it’s delicious.
And there’s the milk chocolate Moser Roth Giant Dragon egg. Both come in at a whopping 800g and cost £7.49 (around 93p per 100g). I haven’t found other eggs that big at that low a price.
- Second best: Coming in second at a hefty 570g is the Cadbury Dairy Milk Crunchie Ultimate Easter egg, not only is this massive egg packed with Crunchie pieces, but it comes with three Crunchie bars. Out of all the Easter eggs with pieces in the shell, this one definitely has the most choccy. You can bag it at Asda for £8, down from £10.
- Deliciously deluxe: If you’re after something special then the 197g dark chocolate and mint collection Easter egg from Thorntons is £8, but, to get more choc for your cash, Asda’s Extra Special The Mint One Dark Chocolate Easter egg is £5 for 245g of goodness. I know which one I’d choose. Plus, you can get two of these eggs for £7 in total.
SAVING: £3, plus a further £3 when buying two
- Mega multipacks: The popular Lindt Gold Chocolate Bunny & Friends pack is on offer for £5 at Tesco. You get 16 choccy treats weighing in at 160g altogether.
But Tesco’s own, very similar, Bunny and Chick Adventure Hunt pack comes with 14 treats weighing in at 475g in total, also for £5 – but you gain an extra 315g of chocolate for the same price.
PRICES correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
LOOKING to catch a tan? The Alfresca folding sunbed from Homebase.co.uk is on offer for £20, that’s cheaper than similar sunbeds sold at therange.co.uk for £29.99.
Deal of the day
VODAFONE customers can spread cheer with a free Thortful A5 card using their VeryMe rewards account. Claim yours before Sunday.
Giselle’s Little Helper
THE Sun’s Who Cares Wins Appeal is fundraising to give all NHS frontline staff help they desperately require during this crisis. To start the ball rolling, The Sun is donating £50,000. To also donate to our appeal please visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TheSunNHSAppeal.
TREAT the kids to a two-in-one sports set from Wowcher.co.uk. It’s £17.99, down from £49.99 and features a football goal and a basketball hoop.
Shop & save
KEEP your hair looking fresh with Fudge Urban products. Plus, when you buy one, you get one half price at Boots.com, including Fudge Urban Matte wax, £7.50.
Reader’s saving tip
WILLIAM HACKSHAW, from Crawley, West Sussex, says: “For cheese on toast, grate the cheese instead of slicing – it browns more quickly and saves on gas/electricity.”
- Share tips at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours here. Please include your name and town.
HOT RIGHT NOW
SAVE up to 50 per cent on kidswear online at jdwilliams.co.uk.
Play now to win £50,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £50k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a
GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £50k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
Play now to win £50,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Fancy a free fiver?
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.