Strictly Come Dancing ‘s 2020 series will reportedly run for nine weeks instead of its usual 13 this year.
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, many TV shows and bosses have had to make mega shake-ups to its shows in a bid to stop a second wave of the potentially fatal virus.
Including BBC bosses after it was reported by The Sun that the 2020 series of the much-loved dancing competition will air for nine weeks instead of 13 weeks like it usually does.
The show ill also be reportedly starting at the end of October, with it being rumoured to be staring on Saturday, October 24.
It has also been reported that due to restrictions, bosses will have fewer celebrity contestants in the line-up.
A source told the The Sun: “BBC bosses are doing everything in their power to give the public as much Strictly as they possibly can and safely.
“A heavily reduced schedule gives them a lot longer to pre-record certain segments to minimise risk.
“It does mean it will be starting much later in the year, and will finish very close to Christmas with the final currently scheduled for December 19.”
Show bosses are also said to be pre-recording professional group dances, which is another reported reason for the show’s delay.
MailOnline reports that a BBC spokesman declined to comment on the rumours.
Following months of speculation as to whether the hugely popular BBC ballroom show would go ahead this winter, a spokesman previously revealed it will be back on screens, but with major changes as lockdown measures are softened.
A spokesman said: “The Strictly Come Dancing team are doing everything they can to bring the nation plenty of Strictly magic later this year.
“To ensure we deliver the high standards audiences know and love, and in light of the ongoing considerations around Covid-19, this year’s series of Strictly will have a slightly shorter run than usual.
“The safety of our cast and crew is of the utmost importance to us and further updates will be made in due course.”