ON your marks, get set for today’s London Marathon. If the epic event has got you in the mood to chase down your own running goals — then you are probably going to want some kit to get you going and keep you motivated.
But if you are worried about your wallet not making it past the finish line, these bargain buys will help run down the cost…
- Watch your step: Smart watches and fitness trackers are all the rage — but many come with a pretty hefty price tag. To try out the world of fitness tracking for less, head to House Of Fraser, where the Everlast GymPal2 Fitness Tracker is £24.99, down from £49.99 and far cheaper than the similar Fitbit Charge 3, from £129.99. SAVE: At least £25.
- No mean feet: Whatever style of running you want to get into, make sure your feet do not suffer as a result. Pounding the pavement in the wrong trainers will do you no favours. So head to Mandmdirect.com and check out its selection of specialist running shoes at great prices. For example, you can currently save pounds on a pair of Asics Gel Neutral running shoes, £69.99 — RRP £99.99. SAVE: £30.
- Do not lose your bottle: Make sure you stay hydrated on those training runs, especially as the weather is getting warmer. Head to Sports Direct and pick up an extra-large, 1-litre Slazenger water bottle. They are available in a selection of bright colours for just £2, down from £3. SAVE £1.
- Get ’appy: Track your progress by logging your training in a smartphone app. I like Strava — you can download the basic version for free and find your feet. It saves £4 per month (when paying an annual subscription) on upgrading — and still has plenty of benefits. SAVE: £4 per month.
Deal of the day
FRANCO Manca is giving away FREE pizzas to anyone who completes the London Marathon. Just flash your 2019 London Marathon medal to get a tasty sourdough reward. Valid nationwide from today until tomorrow.
TREAT yourself to a glass of prosecco (usually £5.95), a mocktail or soft drink after the marathon at Salsa! Soho or Salsa! Temple in London. All you have to do is show your 2019 London Marathon medal at the bar.
SAVE: up to £5.95
My Sun Savers fiver
PAMELA DAWSON, from Sadberge, County Durham, says: “My Sun Savers fivers go to my son to give his Guide Dog some treats – she is brilliant – his world and best friend.”
- Share your Sun Savers fiver stories at sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you will get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Please include your name and town.
RELAX after a hard run without having to give your purse a pounding. Instead of the Sand+Sky Pink Clay Mask, buy Lacura’s version from Aldi.
Reader’s saving tip
FRANCES BROWNING, from Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, says: “Save on costly cappuccinos by giving your coffee a lift at home. Put low-cal chocolate powder in a shaker jar and sprinkle over a coffee made with frothy milk.”
- Share tips at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you will get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Include your name and town.
Shop & save
DE Cecco Pasta conchiglie rigate is now £1 at Tesco, down from £1.55.
Hot right now
PICK up a FREE burger (usually £7.50-£9.75) today at any MEATliquor in London. Marathon volunteers can get one too. Just show your steward’s badge.
Win two free tickets to a day at the races
AND they’re off! Get two FREE tickets to horseracing events across the country, thanks to The Jockey Club.
Summer is almost here — so what better way to relax and enjoy family time than with a day at the races?
We are giving all readers the chance to grab a free pair of tickets to a horseracing event of their choice.
There are more than 10,000 pairs of tickets to be given away.
Events take place throughout the summer, from Sunday, May 5 all the way through until Saturday, October 19.
Take your pick from the following racecourses — Newmarket, Nottingham, Epsom Downs, Sandown Park, Kempton Park, Market Rasen and Carlisle. You can find a full list of events on the Sun Savers app or at sunsavers.co.uk.
This summer of racing with The Jockey Club offers great events to attend.
From the QIPCO Guineas Festival, marking the start of the British Champions Series in May, to the world-famous Investec Derby at Epsom Downs Racecourse and the fabulous Moet & Chandon July Festival at Newmarket, there really is something for everyone.
Family fun days, beer festivals, ladies’ days, 80s nights and summer Saturdays take place across the summer at a number of The Jockey Club’s 15 racecourses right across the country.
Millions of people every year enjoy the racing, music, food and entertainment The Jockey Club offers — and you could be next.
RACING, MUSIC AND FOOD
Our suggestion for soaking up the full racing experience is to pick your horse at the parade ring, have a flutter in the betting ring then head to the winning post to watch your horse come in.
Plus you can bring your children along too, as under-18s go free to most events when accompanied by an adult. Check thejockeyclub.co.uk to see if your chosen event is included.
To claim your free tickets, download the free Sun Savers app or sign up at sunsavers.co.uk. Next, head to the “Free Day At The Races” page in the “Offers” section and click “Start Collecting”.
Collect EIGHT Sun Savers codes from those printed daily in the paper until Sunday, May 12.
Enter or scan your Sun Savers codes on the app or website to unlock booking. Once you click “Book”, you will receive an email with a unique booking code and steps on how to claim your tickets on The Jockey Club website.
But don’t wait around — tickets are first come, first served.
- 18+ UK residents only. Multiple code collect. Select tickets/events available, subject to availability. 20,000 tickets available in total first come, first served. Full T&Cs apply. See sunsavers.co.uk.
Sign up to the Sun Savers and get FREE cash
JOIN Sun Savers today and you could bag FREE cash just for picking up your favourite paper.
Sun Savers is our fantastic rewards club which gives all readers the chance to take advantage of FREE cash, treats and prizes. That’s right – you can get FREE cash just for picking up the paper.
For every 28 Sun Savers codes you collect, we will give you a fiver to spend however you like.
Sun Savers codes are printed in the paper every day – you can find today’s on Page 20. Check your Sun Savers code then enter it on our free app or sunsavers.co.uk.
Once you have entered your 28th code, we will stick £5 in your wallet. And with Sun Savers, you can also get big discounts on holidays, cinema tickets, days out, beauty kits, festive goodies for the family . . . and much more.
Plus, you will get access to huge competitions where you can win great prizes, from caravans and mortgages to hard cash.
There are tons of opportunities to win big with Sun Savers. To get the Sun Savers app, simply go to the app store and search “Sun Savers”.
It takes just a minute to sign up. Simply enter your name, date of birth and email to get started.
What are you waiting for? Join Sun Savers today and pocket cash from your favourite paper.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
Every code you enter is a raffle ticket
YOU could win £50,000 in our Sun Raffle – simply by reading the paper.
We know just how expensive life can be. That is why we are going to help by giving away £50k to one lucky reader EVERY MONTH in our Raffle.
To enter, download the Sun Savers app or sign up at sunsavers.co.uk. Then opt in to each month’s Sun Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the codes printed daily inside the paper – scanning in the app or entering online. Today’s code is on Page 20.
With every code you enter you’ll earn a ticket into that month’s £50k Raffle. There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect per month, so make sure to enter as many codes as you can to give yourself the best chance of winning.
Start collecting your codes today, as the next giveaway is on Tuesday, April 30. Remember, you’ve got to be in it to win it.