Amy Hart has just wrapped up her stint on Celebs Go Dating, but the former air hostess has already set her sights on starring in another TV programme.
The TV personality, who found fame on 2019’s Love Island, reportedly begged Strictly Come Dancing bosses to allow her to compete on the famous BBC dancing show.
It has been reported the blonde bombshell spotted the programme’s executives earlier this year at the National Television Awards and made a beeline for them, explaining she’d love to appear in the next series.
According to a source, the 27-year-old is keen to be involved, and her speech was “heartfelt”.
A source told The Sun on Sunday: “She told them how it would mean everything to her.
“It was very heartfelt”, the insider added.
However, she may be waiting a while as the upcoming series may not go ahead as planned due to the coronavirus.
Celebrity contestants usually practice with their dance partner in June ahead of the glitzy launch in September.
But with the UK currently in lockdown, and with the government reviewing the sanctions every three weeks, it has been feared that there won’t be enough time for the new batch of participants to prepare for the routines.
The Sun on Sunday revealed bosses are currently deciding how the show’s crew will cope with the situation if the outbreak doesn’t subside, with an insider claiming the series may be shelved all-together.
A source said: “We are taking things one day at a time at the moment. The situation is not yet urgent as we still have – for now – time.
“But there are talks ongoing about how we would cope with different scenarios.”
They’ve also reportedly discussed airing the programme without a studio audience and looking for ways to train the contestants “virtually”.