INSTAGRAM’s “cleanfluencers” are the latest social media stars – and thanks to them, cult cleaning products are flying off the shelves.
Online searches for home disinfectant Zoflora have more than tripled, it was announced recently. But while many housework bloggers talk about using big-name products to keep their homes spick and span, you can save a lot by going for the own-brand versions. You’ll certainly clean up with these home helpers…
- Scrub savings: Queen Of Clean Mrs Hinch, who has two million Instagram followers, sent the world wild for Minky cloths, £2.50 at Morrisons. Such was demand for these cleaning cloths that stockists often sold out, while some Minkys ended up on eBay at big mark-ups. But bargain shoppers should head to B&M to nab the discount store’s own, cheaper version, Scrub Buddy Scourers 3pk, for £1.99. SAVING: £5.51 when buying three.
- Zo much cheaper: Fragrant disinfectant Zoflora, which is £1.25 for 120ml at Asda, is a must-have cleaning product and many of the scents sell out as soon as they hit the shelves. The good news is, Home Bargains has a similar version called Fabulosa, available in 320ml bottles for just 99p. SAVING: 26p plus you get 200ml more.
- Wash the difference: Make washing a dosh-saving doddle by swapping top- brand Persil Non Bio washing liquid, £8 for 38 washes at Tesco, for Aldi’s own-brand Almat Non-Bio liquid wash, £2.99 for 42 washes. SAVING: £5.01 plus four more washes.
- Top of the mops: Another Mrs Hinch favourite when it comes to having a sparkling house is the Vileda 1-2 Spray Microfibre Flat Spray Mop, £28 from Amazon. But being extra savvy could save you a hefty sum — head to Poundstretcher where you can nab their version of the popular spray mop for £6.29. SAVING: £21.71.
- All prices on page correct at time of going to press. All deals and offers are subject to availability.
Deal of the day
FRESHEN up your bedding with Dreams kingsize Loves To Be Washed mattress topper from Home Bargains for £19.99. Was £59.99.
TUCK into a variety of Maynards Bassetts sharing bags including Wine Pastilles for £1 per pack at Costcutter.
My Sun Savers fiver
KATIE LEHANE-ASTON, from Chesterton, Newcastle-under-Lyme, says: “I cashed in my Savers fivers straight to my bank account, so that’s £45 towards a few drinks in Benidorm.”
- Send your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you get 28 codes worth £5 if your story is used. Please include your name and town.
ALDI’S Marble Nested Tables (£49.99, online only) are perfect for any home, at a third of the cost of French Connection’s similar ones at £150.
Reader’s saving tip
JANET ROGERS, from Hornchurch, Essex, says: “Keep bananas in a separate fruit bowl as the gases they produce will cause your other fruit to ripen faster.”
- Send tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you will get 28 codes worth £5 if your idea is used. Please include your name and town.
Shop & save
KEEP kids’ mealtimes happy with Birds Eye fish fingers from Iceland, now £1.50 for a pack-of-15. Was £2.50.
Hols from £15 are back
OUR bargain breaks are back – so don’t miss your chance to join in.
Our Hols From £15 feature more than 290 holiday parks across the UK and Europe.
See all the destinations and holiday parks at thesun.co.uk/holidays. The breaks are available until August.
Our Hols From £15 are peak dates, giving you a bigger choice of European holidays compared to our Hols From £9.50 dates.
Pick from a three-night weekend break or four-night midweek getaway. Go midweek and you will get a fourth night FREE.
To book, collect EIGHT tokens, codewords or Sun Savers codes from those printed daily in The Sun until April 14.
Once you have collected EIGHT codewords, go to thesun.co.uk/holidays and enter them to book. Or to book by post, send your tokens along with the online booking form.
If collecting with Sun Savers, go to the Sun Savers app or sunsavers.co.uk and click ‘Start Collecting’ on the “Holidays from £15” page found in the “Offers” section.
Next, enter your EIGHT Sun Savers codes to unlock booking. You can even pay using the cash in your Sun Savers wallet.
And book early, as the best holidays go fast.
- Price per person based on four sharing. Subject to availability. Code/token collect. T&Cs and date restrictions apply, see thesun.co.uk/holidays.
Grab two FREE tickets to Alton Towers Resort worth more than £100 with Sun Superdays
SUN Superdays is back – so grab your two FREE tickets to Alton Towers Resort worth more than £100!
This year, unleash the “Power of the Towers” and share even more fun and thrills as the resort launches amazing new attractions.
You can enjoy the UK’s latest wooden rollercoaster experience on Wicker Man and feel G-forces greater than a space shuttle on Nemesis.
Brave Oblivion’s iconic vertical drop, ride The Smiler’s 14 loops or satisfy your need for speed on Rita – but hold on tight.
To get your tickets, download the Sun Savers app or sign up at sunsavers.co.uk. Then go to the “Superdays – Alton Towers” page in the “Offers” section and click “Start Collecting”.
Next, collect NINE Sun Savers codes from those printed daily in the paper until Tuesday, April 9.
Lastly, enter your NINE Sun Savers codes on the app or website to unlock booking.
Exclusively with Sun Savers, you can pick the date you go so no one has to miss out. You will also get the very best dates.
Dare you add a visit to the new Alton Towers Dungeon?
Here, you can journey through Staffordshire’s darkest history. This does cost extra but book your free tickets with Sun Savers and you can get a Dungeon ticket for just £5 on the day, instead of £7.50. Simply take your Sun Savers e-ticket to the Resort Box Office.
- Subject to availability. Multiple Code Collect. Sun Savers £2.00 booking fee applies. T&Cs apply – visit thesun.co.uk/superdays.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.