celebrity news

Katie Price vows to get justice for Harvey as ‘coward’ who mocked him is found not guilty in court


Katie Price and Carl Woods appeared in court

Katie Price has vowed to keep fighting for Harvey’s Law after a man who shared an offensive video about her son was found not guilty in court.

The former glamour model, 43, appeared in court in Hastings on Thursday alongside fiancé Carl Woods, 32, for a hearing about a vile video which was shared on Twitter, of a man in blackface pretending to be her 19-year-old son, Harvey Price. 

In the clip, a blonde woman pretending to be Katie is heard saying: ‘If someone says something horrible to Harvey, what do we say?’ The man then responds: ‘Hello you c***s.’

The video was shared on Twitter by Philip Lewer, 52, who is not the man in the footage, and who appeared in court for sharing it. 

He was cleared of sending by public communication network an offensive message after the court ruled that he shared it as a ‘joke’ and didn’t intend to cause offence. 

Katie has been campaigning for Harvey’s Law, to make it illegal for people to troll others online. 

Katie was disappointed by the decision of the court
The couple wore T-shirts in support of Harvey’s Law

Speaking outside Hastings Magistrates Court, she vowed to continue to fight for justice for Harvey and others affected by online trolling. 

Katie said in a statement: ‘I will still fight for justice for Harvey and I’m still going to try and protect everyone I can with the racism, mocking disability, because it’s clearly mocking him.

‘This is why I’m doing Harvey’s Law – he’s got away with it and he’s probably going to go back and laugh.

The vile trolls had recorded a video mocking Harvey Price (Picture: BBC/Minnow Films/Glen Gratton)

‘He was grinning while he was giving evidence – but I kept my dignity and didn’t say anything because I know, behind the scenes, I’m doing the best I can to stop this.’

She added that she was ‘disappointed’ by the court’s decision: ‘He’s a coward. We can all have freedom of speech, but you know when something’s wrong and he knew that video was wrong.

‘He should be named and shamed. But it’s now going to encourage other people. He’s got away with it.’

Katie added that the people in the video had been arrested but their cases had been dropped due to lack of evidence. 

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

For more stories like this, check our entertainment page.

Follow Metro.co.uk Entertainment on Twitter and Facebook for the latest celeb and entertainment updates. You can now also get Metro.co.uk articles sent straight to your device. Sign up for our daily push alerts here.


MORE : Katie Price and Peter Andre ‘reunited in Portugal so she could see kids Junior and Princess’


MORE : Alex Reid believes prison sentence is ‘punishment’ for ‘wishing ill’ on Katie Price: ‘I wanted her to have what’s happening to me’





READ SOURCE

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.