HOUSEHOLDS planning to have a quiet night in for New Year’s Eve can nab a free takeaway from Just Eat to help them celebrate the arrival of 2020.
That’s because cashback site TopCashback is giving new users up to £15 for free when they sign up to the site and order a meal from Just Eat.
But you might want to go quick as the offer is only available until 10am on January 6, 2020, or until 5,000 people have redeemed the deal – whichever is first.
There’s no minimum spend, but you’ll only get your order refunded up to a total of £15, including delivery.
So if your total bill comes to anything up to and including £15 then you’ll get whatever amount you spent refunded.
Go over the £15 mark, and you’ll just get £15 off your final bill.
How to get cashback every time you shop
NOT using a cashback site or app means you are missing out every time you shop. Here are full-time bargain hunter Collette Jones’ best tips.
- Check out welcome offers: Cashback sites have amazing freebies for new customers, such as a takeaway from Just Eat or a Benefit beauty product
- Look for cashback on everything: You can claim on things such as MOTs, insurance, train tickets and holidays
- Save money at the supermarket: It’s a good idea to download apps Shopmium, Check-outSmart, Quidco ClickSnap, GreenJinn and TopCashback’s Snap and Save. Check out what is available, pick it up in-store and upload a photo of the receipt to get your cashback
- Combine cashback offers with promotions: Double savings and maximise cashback by matching third-party offers from cashback sites with in-store and online promotions. You can’t always use discount codes with cashback, but you can take advantage of sales and offers such as free gifts
- Download cashback notifiers: The website Honey has a great notifier. It sits in your browser, pops up when you click on a website that offers cashback and searches voucher codes
Just Eat’s minimum spend and delivery fees vary depending on the restaurant, but some won’t set a minimum spend or charge you anything for home delivery, so it’s worth double-checking in advance.
The food delivery app offers grub from 30,000 restaurants across the UK including popular chains such as Burger King, KFC, and Subway, so you’re bound to find something you’ll enjoy.
Just be aware that the offer can only be redeemed once per household. Existing TopCashback users can also get the offer as long as they’ve never made a purchase or received cashback from the site before.
How to get the free food
- You’ll first need to create a TopCashback account
- Once you’ve registered, go to the deal on TopCashback’s wesbite and click on “get cashback now” to head to Just Eat’s online shop or app
- Make your purchase
- Wait for the money to appear in your TopCashback account – you’ll be able to transfer it to your bank account around 14 days after the promotion end date.
TopCashback warns that cashback can show at a lower rate initially but says it will uplift within 14 working days of the promotion ending.
If the cashback doesn’t go through at all, TopCashback says you’ll need to submit a claim again within 14 working days of the deal expiring.
Just Eat, Deliveroo and Uber Eats have recently been slammed for delivering food from hundreds of one-star restaurants that breach food hygiene standards.
While an investigation earlier this year found restaurants listed on JustEat that gave dangerous advice to people with potentially lethal food allergies.
But Just Eat did help thousands of homeless and lonely people to get free meals this Black Friday.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists.
All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.