PlayStation LifeStyle is looking for passionate, talented writers to join our team. We’re greatly expanding in 2022, working fluidly with our sister site GameRevolution, and now we’re joining forces to allow writers to seamlessly work across both of our sites. So if you’re a writer who believes you could make an impact at GameRevolution and/or PlayStation LifeStyle, we’d love to have you join our team.
Why join PlayStation LifeStyle/GameRevolution?
- Opportunities. Every member of our editorial team first started out as a writer here. We recognize talent and we reward it, so we always look to promote internally.
- Flexibility. A happy work environment is a productive one. Over the past year, we’ve made several key changes to ensure our writers love working here, from doubling our pay rates to greatly increasing our flexibility.
- Bonuses. Every month we deliver performance-based bonuses.
- Consistency. Everything from the timing of our pay (delivered at the end of each month) to the amount of work we offer is consistent.
- Positive work environment. We’re a friendly, helpful team that encourages our writers to succeed.
Contributing Writer role details
As a Contributing Writer, you will write gaming news stories for PlayStation LifeStyle and/or GameRevolution. For GameRevolution, these will be multi-platform across PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, PC, and more. For PlayStation LifeStyle, these will be PlayStation-specific.
PlayStation LifeStyle and GameRevolution pay a base rate of $10 per news story. This rate can be increased if the writer wishes to work for both outlets, and can also be increased based upon experience and/or length of time worked for both sites.
This is remote, freelance work where writers will work from home.
- Writing timely regular news stories to be published across GR/PSLS.
- Following both sites’ internal style guides and SEO best practices (which will be supplied upon successful application.)
- Working in our WordPress CMS.
- Staying up-to-date on the big stories in the gaming industry and within the gaming community.
- Collaboration with our editorial team.
Skills and experience
- An eye for a good story. We want writers who know a good story when they see one, whether that’s being on the ball with the latest breaking news or keeping an ear to the gaming community and reporting on what everyone’s talking about.
- A positive member of our team. We want writers who want GR and PSLS to succeed just like we do. Positivity breeds success and we’re looking to continue to cultivate a team of people who we feel proud to call one of our own.
- Passion and talent. We’re looking for writers who will be passionate about being on the ground floor of something new and exciting, with that passion being reflected in their work.
How to apply
Fill in the form below and, if you’re successful or we’re keen to hear more from you, we’ll be in touch ASAP.