Jamie wasn’t home at the time of the break-ins (Picture: Getty Images)

Jamie Redknapp and his family are said to be ‘shaken up’ after his mansion was allegedly targeted by burglars twice in the same day just hours apart.

The retired Liverpool footballer was reportedly not home at the Surrey mansion on Tuesday, when a gang is said to have attempted two raids on the property.

According to the Daily Star Sunday, Jamie’s housekeeper was inside the house when the robbers made their first attempt in the early hours. But she called 999 after realising intruders were on the property, prompting them to flee.

They reportedly returned later that morning but this time they caused the alarm to go off.

On their second attempt, the gang were able to break into one of Jamie’s cars where they stole several valuable items from the boot.

When police arrived at the gated property, the burglars had already fled the scene. Although some stolen items were found during a search of the property, many are reportedly still missing.

A source told the publication: ‘The thinking is that the gang had been monitoring Jamie’s social media and had seen that he was out of the country.

The footballer used to share the property with his ex-wife Louise (Picture: Getty Images)

‘Jamie has been targeted before and had already stepped up security. The property is surrounded by tall hedgerows and has a set of large electronic gates at the entrance, as well as a state-of-the-art alarm system.’

The 44-year-old once shared the mansion, worth an estimated £6 million, with his ex-wife Louise Redknapp and their two sons Charley, 15, and Beau, 11. Jamie has continued to live there following his split and divorce from Louise in 2017.

Revealing how the family are coping after the attempted break-ins, the insider said: ‘The kids were pretty shaken up by it all and were asking a lot of questions.

‘Jamie and Louise reassured them both that everything would be ok, but obviously it’s a pretty harrowing thing for them to all go through.’

A Surrey Police spokesman said: ‘We were called at 05.14am on Tuesday 12th November to a report of a man breaking into a car.

‘A number of items are believed to have been taken from the boot of the vehicle. An area search was undertaken by officers and some items were recovered.

‘Further enquiries established that two men were seen acting suspiciously in the area earlier in the morning and another vehicle was entered, but nothing was taken. Enquiries are ongoing.’

Metro.co.uk have reached out to Jamie’s reps for comment.



Got a showbiz story?

If you’ve got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE: Jamie Redknapp reveals what could still cost Liverpool the Premier League title after crucial Man City victory

MORE: Maya Jama shoots hoops with Jamie Redknapp for League Of Their Own as fans hope for new romance





READ SOURCE

READ  Ranking Roger dead: The Beat star dies age 56 after brain tumour and lung cancer diagnoses

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here