WELL aisle be! Wedding season is upon us again.
But as much as we all love a good knees-up, the thought of how much it is going to cost just being a guest at my friends’ upcoming nuptials is tying a knot in my stomach.
Thankfully, you do not need to spend a fortune.
I vow these top tips will save you dosh when you witness those “I dos”.
- PRE-BOOK YOUR HOTEL: Take advantage of Premier Inn’s low-cost non-flex rate, as well as its “kids stay free and get a free breakfast” deal. Travelodge will give you five per cent off when you sign up to its newsletter.
Look out for local Wetherspoon hotels, too, as some franchises offer rooms for less than £50 a night.
- BE TRAVEL SAVVY: If you are getting the train, sign up to Trainline’s advance alerts to make sure you are the first to know when tickets are available. After that, head to LNER to buy them without booking fees.
Select Megabus and National Express journeys cost £5 or less, and car sharing with friends will reduce fuel costs.
- WEAR SOMETHING OLD: There is no need to splash out on a new outfit. If you have got a block-colour dress, you can update it with new accessories. Dorothy Perkins, for example, has fascinators in the sale for as little as £12.50. As for men, Moss Bros offers full suit hire from £42 — a massive saving on buying a new outfit that you will not wear very often.
- SAVE ON BOOZE: After being so careful, you do not want to waste your money at the bar. Take out the cash you are willing to spend and leave your card in your room.
I also recommend pre-booking and agreeing a price with a taxi company for the end of the night.
Deal of the day
HEAD to Sainsbury’s for a YAAR bar, 75p, down from 99p. The chilled quark bars taste similar to cheesecake.
DO you dunk chocolate chip cookies in tea? Grab a pack from Morrisons, now 50p, down from 67p.
My Sun Savers fiver
DIANE MARNEY from Bordon, Hants, says: “I used my Sun Savers fivers towards another Sun Hols weekend. Great value. Well done, The Sun.”
- Share your Savers fiver stories at sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours here. Please include your name and town.
LOOK chic in this striped dress from Nutmeg at Morrisons for £18, below, similar to Abercrombie & Fitch’s £40 one, above.
Reader’s saving tip
CHRISTINE PERRY, of Southend- on-Sea, says: “Instead of throwing out old winter socks, I wear them when I clean the floor. That way I can dry it as I go, before anyone comes and makes it dirty again.”
- Share suggestions at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours here. Please include your name and town.
Grab a pair of FREE tickets to Thorpe Park worth over £100
THIS is your last chance to start collecting for two FREE tickets to Thorpe Park Resort – a must-visit for fun and thrilling rides.
To get tickets, download the Sun Savers app or sign up at sunsavers.co.uk.
Go to the “Offers” section and click “Start Collecting” on the “Superdays – Thorpe Park” page.
Next, collect nine Sun Savers codes from those printed until May 28. Today’s is on page 22.
Enter nine Sun Savers codes on the app or website to unlock booking.
With Sun Savers, you can pick the date you go.
Or you can collect TEN tokens and book using the form found at thesun.co.uk/superdays, but it is too late to start collecting this way.
- Subject to availability. Multiple code collect. Sun Savers £2 booking fee applies. T&Cs apply, see thesun.co.uk/superdays.
Hols from £15 are back
HERE is another chance to book one of our great getaways at 229 holiday parks across the UK and Europe.
Check out all the destinations at thesun.co.uk/holidays.
Our Hols From £15 are peak dates, giving you a bigger choice of European holidays compared to our Hols From £9.50.
Pick from either a three-night weekend or a four-night midweek break. In midweek, you get your fourth night FREE.
To book, collect FIVE tokens, codewords or Sun Savers codes from those printed daily inside The Sun until May 28.
Today’s token and codeword are on the right and today’s Sun Savers code is on Page 22.
If you have collected FIVE codewords, go to thesun.co.uk/holidays and enter them to book.
Or to book by post, send back your printed tokens with the booking form found online.
If collecting with Sun Savers, go to the Sun Savers app or sunsavers.co.uk and click “Start Collecting” on the “Holidays From £15” page in the “Offers” section. Next, enter your FIVE Sun Savers codes to unlock booking.
You can pay or part-pay using cash in your Sun Savers wallet.
- Price per person based on four sharing. Subject to availability. Code/token collect. T&Cs and date restrictions apply. See thesun.co.uk/holidays.
Play now to win £50,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £50,000 monthly Raffle.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £50k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.