Do you need some electrical work in your home or commercial building? Well, you need to take time to hire the best electrician for the job. Here are the best tips to consider when looking to hire an electrician.
• Licensed – Before hiring an electrician make sure they have a valid license. Check with the local licensing board to make sure the electrician has a valid license. A licensed electrician will follow the building codes and regulations with any electrical work done on your property.
• References – Ask the potential electrician for a list of their references. These are previous customers that the electrician has worked for. Contact the references if possible, to find out if the electrician has done a good job.
• Insured – Find out whether the electrician has proof of liability insurance. Anything can happen during a simple electrical project. Make sure you are not charged for the liability when such accidents happen by confirming the electrician’s proof of insurance and the validity.
• Written Quote – Ask for a written quote from at least 3 potential electricians before choosing anyone for the job. Make sure the quotes are detailed with the service against the cost. This is the best way to avoid hidden charges later on. Even better, you should be able to compare and contrast various quotes to find the best one for your current electrical project.
• Local – Finally, you can’t go wrong with hiring a local electrician. Remember, electrical emergencies happen at any time. Therefore, you need an electrician who is able to respond as fast as possible to avoid any inconveniences.
Use these tips from Bates Electric to find the best electrician for your needs!