GET fresh this weekend with some great offers for you to hand-pick.
Head straight to the bakery, butcher and deli counters in-store to see what could take your fancy.
With tasty buys that you might not find elsewhere on the shelves, you can try out new nibbles or bag some old favourites.
You can also buy as much or little as you want, saving money and cutting waste.
Here are this week’s tasty deals, along with recipes from Morrisons.com to put a summer spring in your step.
Find a bargain
Lidl is launching a New York-style Delmonico thick-cut prime rib steak for £6.99.
With Morrisons burgers from the butcher’s counter down to 40p each from 80p, have a double decker.
Great for adding to sarnies, pasta, and pittas, Yorkshire ham is half-price at Morrisons deli, now 65p for 100g.
Upgrade your weekend loaf at Tesco with a wild garlic & sea salt ciabatta for £1.80.
It’s English Wine Week, so pour yourself a glass of Sainsbury’s English rosé, £11.
Make like you’re at the seaside with half-price Morrisons fishmonger’s mackerel, now £3.50 per kilo.
Get the taste of summer with Tesco apricots, 320g, £1.
Get a fresh cream sponge from Morrisons for half-price, now a tasty £1.
Perfect with hummus, Sainsbury’s falafel, down to £2 from £2.50 for eight.
Each Friday myWaitrose members can get 20 per cent off selected fish at the fish counter.
Four flat peaches from Sainsbury’s are now less than half-price at 75p, saving 85p.
Get to the bakery counter at Asda for five chocolate cookies for £1, or two pack for £1.50.
Butterfly sardines with lemony fennel salad
Prep time: 20 mins.
Cooking time: 10 mins.
- 12 sardines, butterflied
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed
- 1 courgette, large
- 1 lemon, juice and rind, grated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp dill, chopped
- Pat the fish with kitchen paper. Halve one garlic clove and rub over the sardines. Brush with some oil and chill.
- Thinly slice the fennel lengthways and slice the courgette on the diagonal. Brush the veg with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Crush the other garlic clove and whisk into the remaining oil with the lemon juice and rind, mustard and 2 tbsp of the dill.
- Barbecue the veg for three to four minutes each side, until tender, then add to the dressing.
- Barbecue the sardines for three to four minutes each side, until cooked through and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the veg and scatter with dill.
Prep time: 20 mins plus four hours freezing
- 250g raspberries
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp honey
- Add the yoghurt and a tsp of honey into a food processor and blend. Taste and add more honey if needed.
- Add 70g of the raspberries into a bowl and crush. Layer the bottom of the lolly mould with the crushed raspberries and spoon the yoghurt mixture equally on top. Place the rest of the fresh raspberries on top of each of the yogurt moulds.
- Place lolly sticks into the centre of each of the moulds.
- Put the moulds into the freezer for four hours and leave until solid. Serve and enjoy.
Grilled chicken avocado and lime salad
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Dice the flesh of the peeled avocado, mix with the red onion, red chilli, coriander and tomato, all finely chopped.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil with the lime juice and season.
- Bat out two chicken breasts with a rolling pin between two sheets of cling film to flatten, then rub with the crushed garlic clove and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Griddle until cooked through.
- Serve with the salsa and sweet-potato wedges.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL email@example.com