Fortnite fans are counting down to the release of update 8.1.0.
The new Fortnite update is expected to go live on March 12 at around 9am UK time.
It’s likely to be accompanied by downtime, which should last for a couple of hours.
According to the early patch notes, the big new addition is The Baller vehicle.
The Baller was unveiled within the in-game newsfeed, complete with a hint about what to expect.
“Round and Round We Go,” reads an Epic tweet. “Roll through the competition with the newest vehicle, The Baller!”
The appearance of The Baller was further hyped by Epic creative director Donald Mustard.
Responding to a tweet about The Baller by influencer Ali-A, Mustard said: “Just you wait. It. Is. Amazing.”
Epic Games has also listed a number of issues that are being investigated and fixed in future updates.
According to the Fortnite Trello board, the studio is close to fixing a problem with players being launched far distances when riding a Driftboard.
Epic is also working on a fix for mouse sensitivity while playing on PS4, as well as a problem with the audio indicator not appearing for Driftboard.
Other issues are also being investigated, although fixes aren’t expected in update 8.1.0.
Fortnite Season 8 community issues in full…
• Degraded Console Performance
• Auto shooting when using a gamepad
• Some PC clients are freezing at loading screens
• Can’t hear squad members in voice chat
• Trash/garbage on the ground can prevent trap placement
• Unable to shoot shotguns for a short time when switching from another shotgun
• Players shot through corn fields and fences don’t take damage
• Xbox players disconnected and sent to lobby
• The motion blur graphics setting doesn’t function
• Decreased frame rate on Mac
• Cloth physics issues