A new update is being released today for Fallout 76, with patch 15 promise to fix a number of gameplay issues.
Bethesda has announced everything being worked on in the latest update, as server maintenance continues.
Game downtime is still operational, according to the official site, affecting game world servers on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
This started around two hours ago and there is no current estimation on how long it might last.
Meanwhile, the new Fallout 76 update will be available to download and install.
Bethesda has confirmed that download sizes for this update will be less than 5 GB for consoles and under 2 GB for PC.
And while today’s patch doesn’t add much in the way of new content, it does provide plenty of bug fixes.
The official patch notes confirm a long list of changes, covering issues found in all modes of the game.
Much of today’s update is focused on the Nuclear Winter Battle Royale mode, which is one of the game’s newer additions.
This includes upgrading the user interface and making it easier to use the Atomic Shop and checking your Nuclear Winter XP.
“Loot Bag skins can now be favourited in the Atomic Shop for use as drop bags in Nuclear Winter matches,” the official Bethesda patch notes confirm.
“Please Note: This only applies to Loot Bags created when dropping items on the ground. Loot Bags created on death in Nuclear Winter still appear as orange duffle bags.
“During an XP bonus event, any bonus XP the player earned will now be displayed on the end of match summary screen.”
More details can be found in the official Fallout 76 patch notes listed below:
C.A.M.P., CRAFTING, AND WORKSHOPS
- Scrapbox: The Scrapbox can now be destroyed and has the same amount of health as the Stash.
- Music: The music that plays on the Main Menu has returned to the original launch theme.
- Atomic Shop: Added a Fallout 1st category to the Atomic Shop.
- Atomic Shop: A “Free” tag will now appear on the Atomic Shop main menu option when there is a free item that the player has not yet claimed.
- Main Menu: The background video that plays on the Main Menu has returned to the original launch video.
- Scrapbox: All Junk items in the player’s inventory now display in the Scrapbox transfer menu.
- Scrapbox: When selecting a stack of items while using the Scrapbox, players can now select how many items from that stack to transfer.
- Settings: A “Show Other Players’ names” option to the Display has been added to the settings menu. This can be toggled to show or hide other players’ names in the game world and on the map. Social menus will still show players names even if this setting is disabled.
- Splash Screen: Added a button to the Fallout 1st Splash Screen that members can use to enter the Atomic Shop.