2019 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix
- What: race No.19 on the F1 2019 calendar
- When: 1-3 November
- Where: Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas, USA
- Race start time: 7.10pm on Sunday 3 November
- TV channels: live on Sky Sports F1 and highlights on Channel 4
Lewis Hamilton heads to Austin knowing that a sixth career Formula 1 world championship is within touching distance.
After 18 races in 2019 the Mercedes star has 363 points – 74 more than team-mate Valtteri Bottas, the only other driver who remains in contention for the title.
Bottas must win the US GP to stand any chance of stopping Hamilton – second place or lower would guarantee Hamilton the championship.
Even if Bottas does win and gain an extra point for the fastest lap then Hamilton would still only need an eighth-place finish at the Circuit of the Americas.
Kimi Räikkönen won last year’s race for Ferrari, but from 2014 to 2017 Hamilton reigned supreme with four successive US GP victories.
With the constructors’ championship already secured, Mercedes have made F1 history this season by winning a sixth successive double.
F1 United States GP race guide
- Circuit name: Circuit of the Americas
- First grand prix: 2012
- Number of laps: 56
- Circuit length: 5.513km
- Race distance: 308.405km
- Lap record: 1:37.392 by Lewis Hamilton in 2018
- 2018 podium: 1st Kimi Räikkönen (Ferrari); 2nd Max Verstappen (Red Bull); 3rd Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
When are the practice sessions?
There are three full practice (FP) sessions in Austin. On Friday 1 November FP1 takes place from 4pm to 5.30pm and FP2 is from 8pm to 9.30pm. FP3 will be from 6pm to 7pm on Saturday 2 November. All times UK.
When is qualifying?
US GP qualifying starts at 9pm on Saturday 2 November.
What time does the race start?
The 2019 F1 US GP starts at 7.10pm (UK time) on Sunday 3 November.
United States GP predictions
Tony Kelshaw, Bwin: Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
“Charles Leclerc was again done no favours by his Ferrari team in Mexico but is fancied to gain quick compensation in our United States Grand Prix predictions. The Italian outfit looked in great shape last weekend after locking up the front row of the grid and starting strongly on race day. However, they were outmanoeuvred by Mercedes when it came to tyre management, allowing Lewis Hamilton to secure a 10th success of the year. Even so, Leclerc still stands out as the quickest driver in action right now.”
Leigh Copson, Betting Pro: Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
“Put quite simply, Hamilton has mastered this track over the years, but given the situation he finds himself in I am wary of backing him to be victorious. The five-time world champion knows that he can simply cruise round the circuit for 52 laps and be crowned the king of F1 once again, so why take any unnecessary risks that could delay his coronation? Therefore I find myself leaning towards Charles Leclerc winning for the first time since his Italian Grand Prix success back in early September.”
United States GP betting odds
Prices according to Oddschecker
United States GP race winner odds
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): 15/8
- Charles Leclerc (Ferrari): 9/4
- Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari): 7/2
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull): 8/1
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes): 9/1
- Alexander Albon (Red Bull): 100/1
- Carlos Sainz (McLaren): 1,000/1
- Lando Norris (McLaren): 1,500/1
- Daniel Ricciardo (Renault): 1,500/1
- See the full list at oddschecker.com
United States GP TV guide
Watch F1 on Now TV
Sky Sports coverage of the United States GP
Thursday 31 October
- 5pm: drivers’ press conference
- 10pm: Welcome To The Weekend (simulcast on Sky Sports Main Event)
- 10.30pm: The Future of Formula 1 (simulcast on Sky Sports Main Event)
Friday 1 November
- 3.45pm: practice one build-up
- 4pm: practice one live
- 7.45pm: practice two build-up
- 8pm: practice two live
- 10.30pm: Story So Far (simulcast on Sky Sports Main Event)
Saturday 2 November
- 5.45pm: practice three build-up
- 6pm: practice three live
- 8pm: qualifying build-up
- 9pm: US GP qualifying live
- 10.30pm: The F1 Show
Sunday 3 November
- 5.30pm: Pit Lane Live
- 6.30pm: On The Grid
- 7.10pm: F1 United States Grand Prix live (simulcast on Sky Sports Main Event)
- 9pm: Paddock Live
- 10pm: Notebook
- 10.30pm: race highlights
- 11.30pm: race replay
Channel 4 coverage of the United States GP
- Qualifying highlights: 12.40am on Sunday 3 November
- Race highlights: 11pm on Sunday 3 November
Circuit graphic: Formula1.com