2019 Formula 1 Belgian Grand Prix
- What: race No.13 on the F1 2019 calendar
- When: 30 August to 1 September
- Where: Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot, Belgium
- Race start time: 2.10pm on Sunday 1 September
- TV coverage: live on Sky Sports F1 and highlights on Channel 4
The 2019 Formula 1 season resumes this weekend with the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.
Having built a 62-point lead at the top of the drivers’ standings, Mercedes ace Lewis Hamilton will look to continue his run towards a sixth world title. He has 250 points from 12 races so far this year.
Hamilton’s team-mate Valtteri Bottas, Ferrari duo Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc and Red Bull’s Max Verstappen will be aiming to stop the Briton’s domination at the front of the grid.
Last year at Spa Vettel won the race ahead of Hamilton and Verstappen and Ferrari will be hoping for a similar result on Sunday.
This weekend will also see Alexander Albon make his debut for Red Bull Racing. The 23-year-old was promoted during the summer break with Pierre Gasly demoted back to Toro Rosso.
2019 F1 Belgian GP race guide
- Circuit name: Spa-Francorchamps
- First grand prix: 1950
- Number of laps: 44
- Circuit length: 7.004km
- Race distance: 308.052km
- Lap record: 1:46.286 by Valtteri Bottas in 2018
- 2018 podium: 1st Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari); 2nd Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 3rd Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing)
When are the practice sessions?
There are three full practice (FP) sessions in Belgium. On Friday 30 August FP1 takes place from 10am to 11.30am and FP2 is at 2pm to 3.30pm. FP3 will be from 11am to 12pm on Saturday 31 August. All times UK.
When is qualifying?
Qualifying for the F1 Belgian GP takes place from 2pm to 3pm on Saturday 31 August.
What time does the race start?
The 2019 F1 Belgian Grand Prix starts at 2.10pm (UK time) on Sunday 1 September.
Belgian GP predictions: who will win?
The Stats Zone: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
“With the Red Bull Honda proving to be a closer match for the Mercedes power in the last few races we are, hopefully, in for another tight battle in Belgium. Spa should also see Ferrari back on form and in the mix. All the drivers and teams will be recharged after the summer break, and most will bring some new updates to their cars. With the peerless and supreme form Hamilton is displaying it is hard to side with anyone else this weekend. The prediction is for Hamilton to take the chequered flag and claim his fourth victory at Spa.”
Belgian GP betting odds
Prices according to Oddschecker.
Belgian GP race winner odds
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): 7/4
- Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari): 11/4
- Charles Leclerc (Ferrari): 3/1
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes): 7/1
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing): 8/1
- Alexander Albon (Red Bull Racing): 80/1
- Full price list see Oddschecker
Belgian GP TV guide
Watch F1 on Now TV
Sky Sports F1 coverage of the Belgian GP
Thursday 29 August
- 2pm: drivers’ press conference
- 5pm: Welcome to the Weekend
Friday 30 August
- 9.45am: practice one build-up
- 10am: practice one live
- 1.45pm: practice two build-up
- 2pm: practice two live
- 4.30pm: The Story So Far
Saturday 31 August
- 10.45am: practice three build-up
- 11am: practice three live
- 12.10pm: Paddock Walkabout
- 1pm: qualifying build-up
- 2pm: Belgian GP qualifying live
- 4.45pm: The F1 Show
Sunday 1 September
- 12.30pm: Pit Lane Live
- 1.30pm: On The Grid
- 2.10pm: F1 Belgian Grand Prix live
- 4pm: Paddock Live
- 5.25pm: Belgian GP best bits
- 6pm: Belgian GP race highlights
Channel 4 coverage of the Belgian GP
- 6pm on Saturday 31 August: qualifying highlights
- 7pm on Sunday 1 September: Belgian Grand Prix race highlights
Circuit graphic: Formula1.com