Disney is being sued by guests who ‘fell ill after eating lettuce wraps that were crawling with insects’

FOUR Disney World guests are suing the park after they were “extremely sick” and needed several trips to the hospital after eating lettuce wraps crawling with live insects, a new lawsuit claims.

Cynthia Walker was with her family at the Club Level Lounge in Disney’s Polynesian Village resort in December when they ate the wraps.

 Four Disney World guests are suing the park after finding bugs in their food


Four Disney World guests are suing the park after finding bugs in their foodCredit: Orange County Circuit Court Exhibit

The plaintiffs from Broward County sued Walt Disney Parks and Resorts last week in connection with their disastrous December trip.

A series of photos included in the 90-page lawsuit appears to show insects lurking on pieces of lettuce that allegedly were eaten by Cynthia Walker, Jeoffrey Walker, Brittany Walker Figueroa and her daughter, Bella.

The lawsuit states: “After consuming multiple lettuce wraps, [Brittany Walker Figueroa] felt something crawling inside of her mouth and removed what appeared to be a small green object that had legs and was moving.”

Cynthia and her family had been eating at a buffet at the resort’s Club Level Lounge, where customers could make lettuce wraps filled with chicken, celery, carrots, broccoli and sauces.

 They ordered lettuce wraps which were crawling with insects


They ordered lettuce wraps which were crawling with insectsCredit: Orange County Circuit Court Exhibit
 The family were then 'extremely sick' after eating part of it


The family were then ‘extremely sick’ after eating part of itCredit: Orange County Circuit Court Exhibit

The grub-filled greens caused the group to get “extremely sick,” requiring several visits to an Orange County emergency room for food poisoning, the lawsuit claims.

READ  Coronavirus: Just 17 per cent of Brits planning to go on holiday abroad this year despite relaxed quarantine rules, poll finds

The lawsuit continues: “The plaintiff’s injury of food poisoning and subsequent illnesses diagnosed by the plaintiff’s treating physicians is a type of injury that ordinarily does not occur unless someone was negligent.”

They are seeking damages in excess of $15,000 (£12,300).

As a result of eating the insect-laden lettuce wraps, the family suffered “loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life,” as well as loss of earnings and medical expenses, including hospitalisation costs, the lawsuit claims.

 The bugs were found after their daughter bit into one


The bugs were found after their daughter bit into oneCredit: Orange County Circuit Court Exhibit

In a statement to The Post, a Disney spokeswoman said the company plans to fight the lawsuit.

They said: “Enjoying high-quality meals in clean and safe environments is an important part of a Walt Disney World Resort vacation,” the statement read. “We do not believe the claimed illnesses were a result of the guests’ dining experiences, and we will defend against these allegations in court.”

A message seeking comment from attorneys representing the plaintiffs was not immediately returned to the New York Post on Wednesday.

Walt Disney World’s Polynesian Village Resort, which opened in 1971, is billed as an “oasis of tropical palms, lush vegetation and so much more,” including world-class restaurants, according to its website.

Delta Air Lines passenger left disgusted after finding a LIVE maggot in his in-flight meal
READ  Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling finally rises in 'better than expected' surge

A comedian was left horrified after finding bugs stuck in his breakfast roll when travelling through Dublin.

Martin Warde was travelling from the airport when he spotted the two insects embedded in the bread.

This article was originally published on New York Post and has been reproduced with permission.


Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.