celebrity news

Dave Bautista blasts WWE over Hurt Business breakup: Batista baffled by divisive decision


Batista can’t believe the move (Photo: WWE)

WWE legend Dave Bautista has blasted the company over its decision to break up the Hurt Business.

On this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw, the current WWE Champion Bobby Lashley as his associate MVP decided to cut Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander from the faction one week after they lost to Drew McIntyre in a handicap match.

Fans have been left scratching their heads the last couple of days, with plenty of people wondering why the creative team decided to split up such a successful act.

Among those is Batista himself, who tweeted: ‘Who in their right mind would break up the #HurtBusiness already? Answer: No one!!! #SMFH #BadForBusiness (sic)’

He’s not the only one confused as the quartet has been a major part of WWE programming during the pandemic.

There’s also the undeniable truth that the group massively helped the careers of all four men, with MVP excelling in his role as the entrepreneurial mastermind, while Lashley current world title run speaks for itself.

Meanwhile, Benjamin and Alexander – a veteran and newcomer respectively – received a real injection of credibility needed at very different stages of their career.

Bobby recently spoke of the group’s dominance while opening up on RETRIBUTION’s inconsistent run on Raw.

Speaking before that faction’s split, he exclusively told Metro.co.uk: ‘They just need to find a different show because they can’t be on the same show with the Hurt Business, because the Hurt Business runs Raw.

‘If they wanna be able to bring themselves back up to be a dominant force, they may need to look at SmackDown and maybe even look at a different direction.’

Back to Batista, the former world champ was set to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame last year before the pandemic halted plans for the 2020 ceremony.

While it looks like the rest of his class will be honoured on April 6 alongside the new 2021 collective, he won’t be joining them.

He recently explained: ‘To the @WWEUniverse Unfortunately due to previous obligations I am unable to be a part of the @WWE #HOF this year.

‘By my request they have agreed to induct me at a future ceremony where I’ll be able to properly thank the fans and people who made my career possible #DreamChaser’.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : WWE Raw results, grades: Hurt Business break up as Bobby Lashley aligns with King Corbin


MORE : Dave Bautista addresses WWE Hall of Fame 2021 absence: Batista clarifies delayed induction





READ SOURCE

READ  Elton John’s ex-fiancee says he called off wedding a month before big day: ‘I didn’t know he was struggling with his sexuality’

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.