LIVERPOOL are looking to become Club World Cup champions when the tournament gets underway later this year.
Jurgen Klopp’s Champions League winners go up against six other sides from around the globe with the 2019 tournament taking place in Qatar.
For the first time in five editions, the gong can’t be won by a Spanish club – with Real Madrid unable to compete for a fourth-straight win.
When is the Club World Cup 2019?
THIS year’s tournament commenced on Wednesday, December 11.
Al-Sadd of host nation Qatar were 3-1 winners over New Caledonia’s Hienghene Sport after extra time.
After almost two weeks of competition, the final is set for Saturday, December 21.
Liverpool receive a bye through to the semi-final stage, so will play a maximum of two matches.
Which TV channel and live stream is the Club World Cup 2019 on?
TV info has not yet been confirmed for this year’s competition from Qatar.
But BT Sport are expected to take up broadcasting duties in the UK.
The service shows every Champions League and Europa League game live and has various different ways to stream on the go.
Full fixture list
- Wednesday, December 11 – Al-Sadd 3-1 Hienghene Sport (AET)
- Saturday, December 14 – Al-Hilal vs Esperance de Tunis (2.30pm GMT)
- Saturday, December 14 – Monterrey vs Al-Sadd (5.30pm GMT)
Match for fifth place
- Tuesday, December 17 – Losers of Match 2 vs Losers of Match 3 (2.30pm GMT)
- Tuesday, December 17 – CONMEBOL winners vs Winners of Match 3 (5.30pm GMT)
- Wednesday, December 18 – Winners of Match 2 vs Liverpool (5.30pm GMT)
Match for third place
- Saturday, December 21 – Losers of Match 6 vs Losers of Match 5 (2.30pm GMT)
- Saturday, December 21 – Winners of Match 6 vs Winners of match 5 (5.30pm GMT)