Chelsea transfer news LIVE updates: All the latest news and gossip from Stamford Bridge
Thursday, December 5
- Chelsea have stepped up their interest in Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha
- Frank Lampard’s side have opened talks with Zaha’s agent Federico Pastorello
- Chelsea have also held talks with the agent of Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele
- Jadon Sancho has absolutely no intention of leaving Borussia Dortmund in January
Roy on Wilf
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson says speculation over Wilfried Zaha’s future is of no interest to him less than a month before the transfer window opens.
Winger Zaha was heavily linked with Arsenal and Everton over the summer but remained a Palace player and is under contract with the Eagles until 2023.
Hodgson said: “As I’ve said on many occasions, when you have a player of that quality, it’s not surprising when they’re coveted.
“But he’s a Crystal Palace player, he’s under contract to us. No one here is anxious or desirous to sell him. But sometimes bids come in which are very difficult for the clubs to deal with.
“The speculation doesn’t interest me at all. I’ve been here two and a bit years now and there’s been speculation about him from the very moment I stepped through the door.”
Ousmane Dembele talks
Chelsea have held talks with the agent of Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele.
The Blues will soon learn whether they can make any signings in January, with the Court of Arbitration for Sport preparing to announce the result of their FIFA transfer embargo appeal.
And if they’re successful – Frank Lampard’s side are ready to splash the cash.
Dembele, 22, has failed to impress since his £90million move from Borussia Dortmund and Barcelona are reportedly happy to listen to offers.
Premier League champions Manchester City are also claimed to have held talks with the Frenchman’s agent.
Jake Clarke-Salter latest
Pep Clotet insists Birmingham will do all they can to keep Jake Clarke-Salter in January.
Chelsea are reportedly ready to recall the defender next month if he does not see more action at St Andrew’s.
Clarke-Salter has made just five league starts this term – including the last four games – but is set for an extended run in the side, with Marc Roberts likely to be out until January after suffering an ankle injury against Millwall on Saturday.
Clotet has been happy with the the 22-year-old’s contribution this term and wants to keep him for the rest of the season.
He said: “The club will have that discussion with Chelsea – probably the club will do everything in its power to hold onto him.”
Manchester United, Arsenal and Barcelona must agree to give Erling Haaland regular game time in order to seal a transfer for the Red Bull Salzburg star, it has been claimed.
United appear frontrunners to sign Haaland, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer previously managing the Red Bull Salzburg star at Molde.
However, Bleacher Report name Arsenal and Barcelona among the teams interested in landing the 19-year-old, with Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid also keen on a deal.
And football journalist Odd Inge Aas, speaking to the publication, has claimed Haaland needs a guarantee of regular football.
“If the big clubs come in, they need to show that they have a plan for his development,” Aas said. “Because going to a club where he won’t play that much, at this stage of his career, wouldn’t be that smart.”