Bruno Fernandes has reportedly told a close friend he is ‘confident’ he will complete a transfer to Man Utd in January.

Negotiations over the Sporting Lisbon midfielder’s proposed switch to Old Trafford have stalled this week.

The Record report a stipulation in Fernandes’s current contract entitles him to a £5million bonus – to be shared with his agent Miguel Pinho – should Lisbon receive an offer worth at least £50million for his services.

United are said to have lodged a bid of that amount as a guaranteed up front payment, with additional fees dependant on performance-related bonuses.

However Lisbon have now argued the add-ons are unrealistic, and want to push for a deal starting at £60m as an initial figure.

Bruno Fernandes's transfer to Man Utd has stalled
Bruno Fernandes’s transfer to Man Utd has stalled

Sporting president Frederico Varandas has told United he is not prepared to let Fernandes go for less than that amount, but is willing to sanction a sale should the Red Devils increase their offer.

United have so far been reluctant to add more achievable clauses into the deal as they look to keep the price down.

But with other clubs weighing up a move for Fernandes in the summer, United chiefs are keen to seal the transfer this month.

But the midfielder is said to be confident the transfer will go ahead
But the midfielder is said to be confident the transfer will go ahead

Personal terms have already been agreed with the 25-year-old, who is equally desperate to complete his move to the Premier League, having seen a switch to Tottenham collapse on deadline day in August.

READ  Unai Emery explains why he is ‘very happy’ with Mesut Ozil

A close friend of Fernandes told the Record on Monday that the Portuguese international is confident an agreement will be reached.

United are also targeting Birmingham youngster Jude Bellingham as they continue building for the future.

Read More

Mirror Football’s Top Stories

The 16-year-old is enjoying a breakthrough campaign with the midlands club, with Wolves also interested.

But Bellingham is said to be unsure over a transfer to either side, given he would likely join up with their under-23 squads.

The Athletic report Bellingham believes a step down from regular first-team football could hamper the chances of his career progressing.





READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here