(Reuters) – Brighton & Hove Albion forward Aaron Connolly has recovered from a groin injury and will be available for Saturday’s Premier League match at table-toppers Liverpool.
The Republic of Ireland international picked up the injury during Brighton’s 3-1 loss at Manchester United on Nov. 10 and missed international games against New Zealand and Denmark earlier this month.
“Aaron Connolly is back in the squad and training now,” Brighton manager Graham Potter told reporters.
The 19-year-old became the first teenager to start a Premier League game for Brighton when he featured in the 4-0 defeat by champions Manchester City in August, going on to appear in nine league games so far this season.
He entered the record books again as their first teenage player to score in the competition, notching a brace in their 3-0 win over Tottenham Hotspur in October.
Meanwhile midfielder Solly March is doubtful, while defender Bernardo was ruled out of the clash.
“We’ve got March who has a bit of tightness in his groin so he’s doubtful at the moment for the weekend,” Potter said.
“Bernardo got his first 45 minutes last night (Wednesday) but Saturday will come a bit too soon for him.”
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.