Whether you’re after handmade decorations for your tree or Secret Santa gifts, there is something for everybody.
With the festive season in full swing, one of the first places to meander to is Southbank Centre Winter Market.
Opened since November 3, people can stroll along the Thames under twinkling lights while sampling delicious treats like toasted marshmallows.
Beginning in the morning, at 11am, the festivities continue into the night.
Enjoy foods such as truffle burgers, duck wraps, and lobster rolls up until 10pm from Sunday to Thursday.
On Friday and Saturday nights, the winter pop-ups extend their opening times to 11pm.
Then there are the traditional Christmas markets that pop up at this time of year: Leicester Square, Covent Garden, and Trafalgar Square.
Now open is the Christmas Design Collective at Connaught Village, tucked away in the heart of the West End.
For more bespoke pieces, Connaught Village (with the nearest tube station being Marble Arch) houses the best of London’s independent brands.
You can expect to see brands such as Hum London, Colours of Arley, Domenica Marland, and Max Made Me.
Christmas markets now open:
- Southbank Centre Winter Market
- Leicester Square Christmas market
- Covent Garden Christmas market
- Trafalgar Square Christmas market
- Christmas Design Collective at Connaught Village
There are even more Christmas markets to enjoy that are soon popping up across London.
On November 14, Winter By The River at London Bridge City welcomes choirs in Hay’s Galleria, karaoke rooms, and two pop-up bars between London Bridge and Tower Bridge.
Then on November 15, Greenwich Christmas Market and Spitalfields Christmas Markets open.
Followed by Kingston Christmas Market and Christmas at Leadenhall Market on November 16.
Hyde Park’s famous Winter Wonderland opens on November 17 where people can skate, eat, drink and be merry.
Additional Christmas markets
- Kings Cross Christmas Market – November 23
- Borough Market at Christmas – November 28
- Christmas Duck Pond Market – December 2-3
- Christmas at Portobello – December 3
- DIY Christmas Market – December 9
- So Last Century Winter Vintage Market – December 9-10
- Christmas Independent Ceramics Market – December 10.