Bear Grylls had to be saved by paramedics after being stung by a bee while filming his latest television show.
The explorer, 45, was filming Treasure Island With Bear Grylls on an island in the Pacific Ocean when he suffered the sting.
He discovered he is severely allergic to bees in 2008 after being stung by one while cutting some honeycomb from a nest.
Brain surgeon Mano Shanmuganathan, who is starring in the series, said paramedics raced to treat the survival expert in order to prevent him from going into potentially deadly anaphylactic shock.
He told the Daily Star: “I think that Bear is an impressive guy. He understands his tasks at hand and knows what he has to achieve.
“The irony of Bear the survivalist being stung, having the potential of an allergic reaction, and needing to be treated with an EpiPen, was a bizarre moment. That was crazy!”
Grylls previously described his allergy as “ironic” when voicing his frustration over the stung.
Speaking on Born Survivor: Bear Grylls, he said: “It’s quite a brute of a bee sting this, it’s made all this part of me swell up.
“It feels a bit like a price to pay for a bit of honey.
“The irony is, out of all of the massive, lethal, aggressive, man-eating crocs, snakes, alligators I’ve dealt with over the years, the one that gets me is a bee.
Grylls first revealed his allergy to bee stings back in 2015, with the Instagran post above.
His show, where contestants search an island to try and find a £100,000 prize, will be back on TV next month.
It was previously named The Island with Bear Grylls.
Treasure Island With Bear Grylls starts Sunday, September 8 at 9pm on Channel 4.