Andy Robertson appeared to have deleted a video of himself playing table tennis with Scotland team-mate Billy Gilmour, who has tested positive for coronavirus.
Gilmour has been ruled out of Scotland’s final Euro 2020 group game against Croatia after returning a positive test.
The news is a blow to Steve Clarke’s side, after the Chelsea midfielder turned in a man-of-the-match performance in last week’s draw with England which kept Scotland’s last-16 hopes alive.
But the video was deleted after news of the 20-year-old’s positive test, according to the Mail Online.
The Scotland team have all tested for the virus and have tested negative, aside from Gilmour.
And under UEFA guidelines, a game of table tennis does not constitute ‘close contact’ – as players stand more than two metres apart.
On Monday, the Scottish FA said in a statement: “The Scottish FA can confirm that a member of the Scotland national team playing squad, Billy Gilmour, has tested positive for Covid-19.
“Having liaised with Public Health England since the positive test was recorded, Billy will now self-isolate for 10 days and therefore miss tomorrow’s UEFA Euro 2020 Group D match against Croatia at Hampden.”
Gilmour was pictured hugging Chelsea team-mates Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell following Scotland’s draw at Wembley – leading England to put the pair into isolation.
And if Public Health England and UEFA deem that as being in “close contact” then Mount and Chilwell will have to self-isolate for 10 days and miss a potential last-16 tie as well as Tuesday night’s crunch Group match with the Czech Republic.
That’s despite the fact the Football Association confirmed all 26 among Gareth Southgate’s England squad had returned negative Covid-19 tests earlier on Monday.
The Three Lions boss admitted he was in the dark over whether the players will be available.
When asked about the matter, Southgate said: “It would be something to do with chatting after the game but I have no idea of all the detail. That’s why we’ve taken the decision at this point to isolate them.
“That’s why we’re having to have the discussions with Public Health England, as I understand it, and I’m sure we will update you as soon as we know more.
“We’re not being overzealous in that we’ve got to follow the guidelines and got to make sure that if there is any risk with these two players then we’ve got to make sure we don’t put any other players at risk.
“But the ins and outs of what would classify as being contact – they are the discussions that are ongoing.
“My biggest hope is for the two boys – that they’re not going to miss 10 days of a European Championship. That would be a massive blow for us, but for them as well. We just have to see how it plays out.”