LIVERPOOL face Ajax tonight as the two European giants begin their Champions League challenge.
However both teams now need to prove their mettle all over again with Liverpool having lost an epic last 16 tie to Atletico Madrid in February and Ajax failing to even make it out of the group stage.
What time does Ajax vs Liverpool kick off?
- The match kicks off at 8pm BST – 9pm in Amsterdam.
- It will take place at the Johan Cruyff ArenA.
- Fans had returned to stadiums in the Netherlands but this game will be played behind closed doors as the country has entered a partial lockdown.
- Last time these sides met was way back in 1966, when Ajax earned a 2-2 draw at Anfield to progress 7-3 on aggregate in the European Cup.
What TV channel is Ajax vs Liverpool on and can I live stream it?
- Ajax vs Liverpool is live on BT Sport 2.
- Coverage commences at 7pm – one hour before kick-off.
- To stream the game live, head to the BT Sport website or app.
How do I watch Ajax vs Liverpool for free?
Virgil Van Dijk will play no part in this game and could miss the rest of the season with an ACL injury following a horror tackle by Jordan Pickford at Everton on Saturday..
Thiago Alcantara is also a doubt with a knee injury picked up via an equally bad challenge which saw Richarlison sent off.
And Liverpool’s defensive woes could get even worse with Joel Matip undergoing a scan for a muscle injury.
Should the Cameroon star not recover, Fabinho is likely to slot in next to Joe Gomez as a makeshift centre-half.
This match will also come too soon for goalkeeper Alisson, who is out for at least another week.
To make matters worse for Jurgen Klopp’s men, Ajax have a clean bill of health.
*Latest odds from Ladbrokes correct as of Tuesday, October 20.